Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY: Easter Cards


Okay so if your family is like mine, they have an endless supply of amazing vintage cards, that you are eternally jealous of and pretty impressed that they have found so many. If you are like me, you don't have any of these cute vintage cards (except the ones graciously given to you).

But guess what! You can make your own and be the envy of your friends...


All you need is a cute children's book (I found mine at the Illiad for $5), some liquid gilding, and pinking scissors.


Find your favorite illustrations, and get ready to cut... this is really hard for me too, it feels wrong to cut a book... but I did it.


I luckily found some little egg shaped illustrations featuring bunnies, perfect for Easter.


Once you cut them out dip your brush in a little of the liquid gilding and delicately paint around the scalloped edges of your card.


It's super easy and once they dry you have cute little impostor vintage Easter cards. Now if only I ever make it to the post office. Sisters, you'll get these in May!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...