Monday, March 25, 2013

Book Report: Murder, She Wrote


Murder, She Wrote is something I'm happy to watch, but not half as happy to have described to me on the page. Otherwise known as read. Sigh. I think Murder, She Wrote: A Slaying in Savannah is the first book that I've chosen to post on without loving (or at least mostly liking) the story or writing. I don't want to be a snob, but honestly, there's no way for me to get around it at this point. I'm just going to admit that I'm a little snobby...

It might have been wiser to go with Agatha Christie's Miss Marple or Alexander McCall Smith's Precious Ramotswe, but I really liked the idea of fitting J.B. Fletcher into my book reports somehow. Should have known that a novel spin-off from a television series might not be all that I'd hoped for. Traditionally, I haven't had the best of luck with movie or television tie-ins. I did read a couple X-Files books in my day, as well as one Indiana Jones book. Huh? Yeah. Pretty sure it was about Stonehenge, so double nerd bonus.




Still, it is what it is. I can't pretend that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. And it wasn't the worst thing I've ever read. I did enjoy that the book brought J.B. Fletcher into this century in a weird way--she checks emails and accompanies her young driver to a sale at Old Navy. Surreal.

1. Angela Lansbury, by Carla Marinho; 2. Savannah mansion, by Savannah for 91 Days; 3. Forsyth Park, by Georgian Gentility; 4. Tall windows, via Rainbow; 5. Plates, by Angela Cox of Southern Weddings; 6. Staircase, via Secret Kingdom; 7. Skirt and blouse, by Monsoon, via Positively Noteworthy; 8. 80s brick patterned blouse, via ASOS Marketplace; 9. Peabody Pullover, by Brooklyn Tweed; 10. Judith with the Head of Holofernes, by Cristofano Allori, via Terminartors; 12. Poinsettia lead glass Tiffany lamp, via Christie's; 12. Tulip Staircase ghost, via Moonslipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...