Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Peanut & Purls: New yarn


I know I've talked about how much I love Jared Flood and Brooklyn Tweed before, but it's because I really, really do! I just got my very first shipment of yarn from Brooklyn Tweed. I'm smitten beyond belief...

While I don't have projects picked out for all of the yarn, I do know that I will be knitting one of Brooklyn Tweed's patterns with 5 of the skeins. I'll be making the Guernsey Wrap which has a fisherman inspired texture! I chose my favorite color blend they had (I don't want to say that the name of the yarn had any influence, but I love a well-named yarn). This yarn is named Meteorite. How perfect is that? It's to-infinity-and-beyond perfect!

Meteorite

Postcard

Old World

I have a couple of projects (read 12) that I have to finish before I can start of my elective knitting. That's what I'm going to refer to it from now on...elective knitting. 

This poor little sock is rather lonesome and needs its mate. I just started casting on the second sock tonight. I was supposed to finish these socks for Nicholas by Christmas. I might have them done by in time for New Year's. I do like the way the first one turned out though. He's a sucker for orange colorway (even though those aren't his terms...colorway).




It's Christmas night. I'm over at my mom's house and Peanut isn't with me. I don't have the proper knitting assistant, but I thought I would include a picture of my mom's assistant, Hazel May. Hazel May is a whiny little cat that doesn't like to be petted but does like to shriek. Hazel May came from the Pierce County Humane Society which does lots and lots of good.

If you like cats, and want to see more, head on over to the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee where Laurie and her husband Craig foster lots of baby kitts for the Pierce County Humane Society. My friend Jessica adopted a little fella from Laurie just a couple of months ago! Hazel May is happy (even when she whines) to have a home, and my mom is happy to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...