Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Peanut & Purl: Completed baby sophisticate sweaters


I finished both of the baby sophisticate sweaters. Just in time too...
I gave you a preview of these precious little-man sweaters last week. I finished the second sweater and added some finishing touches on both of them. Cue the elbow patches!




I originally wanted to use leather for the elbow patches, but it didn't seem like a good idea to make dry clean only clothes for babies. I decided to use Dritz's Twill iron-on patches from JoAnn's that were the perfect size to use as baby elbow patches. While the yarn can take a cool iron, I decided to hand stitch the elbow patches on.




The buttons were also purchased at JoAnn Fabrics.  I like to use buttons from the local business like Olympias, Canvas Works, but I needed washable plastic buttons, and JoAnn's had the fake leather looking button in brown (sadly, they didn't stock them in black).


As always, Peanut helped me along the way. She was even nice enough to crawl inside my Canvas Works  paper bag and take a little nap in it. Thanks Peanut, you're the swellest!


Yarn details: All three colors were Cascade 220 Superwash Wool
(the pattern runs a little small but almost 4,000 have knit it, and it's super easy to follow.)
Buttons: JoAnn's
Elbow Patches: JoAnn's

PS, Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up with the blog after a few days. These sweaters are amazing Catherine! I've sent the post along to my mother (the knitter in my family) and I believe she's already printed the pattern to keep on hand for a future project. Great work! And of course, I just love Peanut "supervising" the project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I hope your mom has success with them as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...