Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Autumn bookshelf...


The leaves have started turning fiery shades and falling to the ground. I thought it appropriate to mimic the changing seasons in my living room. Specifically on my bookcase. I didn't use any template for these little leaves. They're pretty easy to make. All you have to do is grab some autumn leaf-colored card stock and a pair of scissors, and start cutting out all the little leaf-shapes you can think of. It doesn't have to be perfect because there are all different kinds of leaves...




I tried to put all of my harvest-themed decorations front and center on my bookshelf. It's subtle, but I enjoy it!

(Notice the Deathly Hallows plaque Christine made me?)




You might remember these glorious hand-painted little home boxes were crafted by Monika for Christmas last year. I loved the look so much I made a couple more and even crafted a cardboard cat house modeled after one! For more paper leaf inspiration, check out last year's paper leaf garland. 

What can you decorate with some paper leaves? Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. so cute! love the bright fall colors in the leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We sisters all seem to stock up on fun fall colored paper.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...