Thursday, September 20, 2012

Home & Away: Back to the Future, the house.


On occasion my Ben loves to surprise me by sweeping me off to fun places on the scooter. Well, on this occasion we headed to Pasadena: our final destination was the Gamble House (built in 1908 by Charles and Henry Greene, for David and Mary Gamble, of the Proctor and Gamble Co.). Most famous for being an ingenious architectural delight, this national historic landmark was featured in the Back to the Future movies as the home of Dr. Emmett Brown...



Sadly, by the time we made it over to the house, the inside was closed, but the gal running the gift shop let us pop in for a spell. So adorable! The gift shop is actually a free-standing two car garage beside the house, and with beautiful stained glass artwork and meticulous woodwork, it shined as much as the home itself.

I love all the brick steps on the front of the house, the front door is divine, and the creeping ivy made my heart skip a beat.


The backyard was nothing short of serene, and it even had a lovely deck with a koi pond enclosed by stone walls.
 

It all reminds me of a secret garden. Although we were only able to walk the grounds, they were large enough
 that I lost Ben for a while and had to call him to get his whereabouts.
 

But truly, he could have been right in front of me and I wouldn't have noticed...


I was enchanted with this pond. 


Sigh.


Goodbye, Gamble House! Until we meet again, and I actually get to bask in your internal beauty.
  

Here are my instagram take aways; I am charmed by them still and wanted to share.


If you want to catch other lovelies like these--hot off the press, follow me @monikajane


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...