Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Saturday Succulent Success!

On Saturday, my mother came down and we ran a bunch of errands. One of those errands was to go by the bark and garden store across town. Wouldn't you know it, I came back with two new succulents! Adding two more succulents meant it was time to shuffle things up a bit. I also purchased a couple of new pots since I had big plans to combine lots of little pots.

Without further adieu, Peanut proudly presents...the succulents!


I picked up some charming little plastic animals in the Target dollar bin last month,
and I finally found the perfect place for my little giraffe.



 She's about to eat my burro's tail succulent!


I noticed after these pictures were taken that the little price tag end is still sticking out of the giraffe.
(It almost looks like a giraffe penis...ssssshhhhhh.)


 I made sure to mix it up a bit.



 This is one of the new additions. It's a sedum and also a form of donkey's tail. I love it.


The yellow pot was picked up at an antique store in town. The pale green and the yellow compliment each other nicely.


Peanut approves!


In case you were lucky enough to pick up some of these budget-friendly animals at target, 
here are a couple of other crafty ideas I've found on Pinterest:

Animal valentines (actual Target animals)
(my favorite) Animal bookends (actual Target animals)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I actually have a dinosaur toy in one of my own potted plants :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awesome choice, Megan. You can't go wrong with dinosaurs.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...