Friday, February 10, 2012

Merry Potter

I recently discovered this amazing $0.98 store down the street from my house. It's great! I have already purchased a gold sequin headband, miniature dinosaur skeletons, tape, glue sticks, and now these great terracotta pots!
The most amazing thing about this store is its legitimacy, these pots were actually $0.98 each.


While I love these pots, I wanted them to be more jovial--you know how some pots are more jovial than others.
I decided to just paint a little colored rim around the top to set it off.


Using a cream acrylic paint I put down a base coat so the colors would show up brighter.


I had to narrow my colors down because I only had five pots; I went with cream, peachy pink, red, blue, and yellow.


Olive watched my back when I was painting so no other dogs (Lucca) would run into my work area. Thanks, Olive.


These pots certainly do cheer me up when I see them. What lovely new homes for some of my growing succulents!


I always have plants waiting for more room.


I added some other smaller succulents to each pot to fancy them up a bit.
All-in-all, an inexpensive project and one that brightens my mornings.


Happy in their new homes.

The lesson here is don't be afraid of the dollar store, it often does have amazing things. Sometimes they are really only one dollar. If you do go there, see what type of miniature animal toys they have, you can always make your topiary a miniature menagerie.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! I'm going to paint my dollar store pots as soon as it stops raining. Nice succulents too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...