Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow week...


People in Washington experienced a rare event last week...snow. It was called snowpocalypse, snowmaggedon, and any other snow/disaster pun around. I documented the four days we had snow. There's still snow on the ground, but it's the gross melty, ice, slush stuff that everyone hates. I also got to try out these new chain-alternative things called auto socks. They worked wonders! All-in-all, we got close to 2 feet in 2 days. It was cray cray.


Behold, Olympia snow 2012!
(These pictures were taken at my house, or at work at the State Capitol.)

Backyard

Bigelow (neighbor)


My car, buried.

My car unburied with auto socks on.

Nick's car.


The perfect snow outfit. We also used plastic cutting boards to dig our cars out.
You see, Olympia really doesn't get snow. We didn't have shovels.

Main road next to Puget Sound.


This is where Peanut went in the snow. Turn out, she hates the snow.

After she was placed in the snow, she sat on top of the toilet and warmed up like a weirdo.
We call this position "turkey" because she tucks her paws under like little wings and looks like a turkey.

2 comments:

  1. You've made me miss snow :-( I love snow and we haven't had any in the UK this year sadly, it always makes everything look so pretty.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and shop! Fern x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, You've made me miss snow too! Snow pictures always look so magical, yours included. I've always loved snow as long as I didn't have to drive in it. I used to walk hour after hour in it in MA, when I was a teenager. Isn't it fun to toss unsuspecting cats in the snow! And Nick's snow clothing!!! WOW!!! Very festive. Thanks and hugs to both of you. Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...