Sunday, January 30, 2011

I did not wake up this morning feeling like P. Diddy



I had twenty olives yesterday.  Twenty m-fing olives!  Towards the end of the night no one told me, "Catherine, you smell like booze." Nick did say, "you smell like olives." I'm getting ahead of myself.
Nick and I spent the weekend in Seattle.  An overdue GNO happened on Saturday night.  Drinks were delicious, food was delicious, and the conversation...delicious. For whatever reason around 3:00, I decided to ditch the car I was riding in back to the hotel and walked back.  I was sure the hotel was closer than it was.  0.9 miles later at 3:17 a.m. I arrived at the hotel.  I think I got annoyed when Nick and Chase were talking about burgers and Trailer Park Boys.  I paid for my decision, my shoes gave my feet blisters and I suffered all day long.  I had too many martinis, too many cups of coffee, and not enough sleep.  I also dedicated a whopping 45 minutes to school work--something tells me I'm going to regret this decision tomorrow night.

Now that you're heard about the weekend, this is kind of how it looked:

(I recommend you think about Ke$ha's Blah Blah Blah while you look at these pictures...that's what I'm going to do).


I made this coffee cozy on Friday night for a swell gal (she doesn't know about it yet). I tried it out while heading North.


I bought this yarn in Seattle. Projects to come!


We stayed at The Monaco. It was nice.


I stuck to martinis the whole night...hence the 20 olives.  In my defense, these two martinis came with three olives, not the standard two.


Lights...


You can request a fish in your room at The Monaco. They have about 150 down in housekeeping, we asked.


I bought these tulips at Pike Place. The tulip lady told me that double-petal red tulips are the only tulips that have a scent! Yes, please!


Breakfast view from Nick's perspective.


Sock yarn from Tucson for Nick's socks.


Slow start.


Yarn ball.


My perspective. A lot of orange.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this is the first reference to Col. Chase, but if it is, I'm glad this was it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is the first you're mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your site! Really, it's great and as I saw in the first posts it's true that the site's shares and interface are really a boon for styling. Really a big thank you!

    Voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...